UNIQUE Metflex Manual PMMA is a resin system based on the combination of Urethane – Acrylate chemistry. As such UNIQUE Metflex Manual PMMA bridges the performance / application gap between two component urethanes and the classical acrylic resins. In contrast to two component urethanes, UNIQUE Metflex Manual PMMA shows the following advantages:- The isocyanate part is fully reacted in the urethane backbone and presents no health hazard. Curing proceeds by the fast free radical polymerisation reaction with peroxide catalysts. Unlike two component urethanes, UNIQUE Metflex Manual PMMA is far more tolerant with regard to mixing ratio and moisture sensitivity. In contrast to acrylic resins UNIQUE Metflex Manual PMMA shows the following advantages:- UNIQUE Metflex Manual PMMA has built in mechanical properties that greatly exceed the properties of the traditional acrylic / methacrylic resins system such as elongation and tensile strength. Of particular importance is the fact that these properties are well maintained at sub-zero temperatures!
- Concrete, asphalt and steel decks
Features & Benefits
- Rapid application and curing
- 100% reactive without solvents
- Unaffected by application of Asphalt surfacing up to temperature of 250ºC when used as a bridge deck membrane.
- Excellent intercoat adhesion
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Application down to -25ºC (providing the surface is frost free)
- Overcoating time not critical
- Excellent bond to substrate
- Excellent chemical resistance